- This event has passed.
4th of July Fireworks in Historic Annapolis
July 4 @ 9:15 pm - 10:00 pm
The City of Annapolis will be hosting its annual 4th of July fireworks display at the Annapolis Harbor. The fireworks will take place at 9:15 p.m, with the best views located Northeast of the Severn River, at City Dock, along the Naval Academy Bridge, and at any of the street-end parks facing Spa Creek. WRNR will host and broadcast live from the event, and play a patriotic montage of music to accompany the dazzling fireworks display.
Due to heavy traffic and large attendance, local garages may fill up early. Therefore, the city will also provide shuttle service from the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (Gate 5) to Lawyers Mall from 5 p.m. to midnight. The shuttle will charge $1 per ride for adults with children 12 and under riding free of charge. Here is a list of parking options in the area:
- Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
- Park Place Garage – One Park Place
- Knighton Garage – 1A Colonial Avenue
- Bladen Street Garage – 9 St. John’s Street
- Gotts Garage – 250 Northwest Street
- Whitmore Garage – 25 Clay Street
Book online to reserve a guaranteed parking space for the fireworks display. Pre-paid parking is available for $30 at the Hillman Garage. Reserve your space today!
Beginning at 4 p.m. and extending until about 10:30 p.m., parking will be prohibited and violators may be towed from the following areas:
- City Dock
- Main Street
- Randall Street
- Market Space
- Both sides of Severn Avenue between First and Burnside Streets
- East side of First, Second and Third Streets between Severn and Chester Avenues
- South side of Chesapeake and Chester Avenues between Riverview Avenue and Burnside Street
- Bay Ridge Avenue between Sixth and Burnside Streets
- Bembe Beach Road from Awald Road to end
Road Restrictions & Closures
In Eastport, vehicular traffic into the north side of the Eastport Peninsula will be restricted between 6 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Pedestrian traffic will be permitted. Roadblocks will be set up at 6 p.m. at Sixth Street and Severn Avenue denying access to downtown via the Spa Creek Bridge.
Prince George Street will be posted “Resident Only Parking” from Craig Street to Maryland Avenue from 2 p.m. to midnight. East Street will be posted “Resident Only Parking” from Prince George Street to King George Street from 2 p.m. to midnight. Randall Street will be posted “Resident Only Parking” from Prince George Street to King George Street from 2 p.m. to midnight.
Vehicular traffic will be denied access to the downtown area beginning at 5 p.m. until approximately 10:30 p.m. Road blocks will also be set up in the following locations:
- King George Street and College Avenue
- Prince George Street and College Avenue
- North Street and College Avenue
- Church Circle and Main Street
- Duke of Gloucester Street at Conduit Street, at Green Street, at St. Mary’s Street and at Compromise Street
Traffic will be allowed to flow down Duke of Gloucester Street from Church Circle and into Eastport via one lane (not into downtown Annapolis) until 9 p.m. At that time, the Spa Creek Bridge will be closed and Duke of Gloucester Street will be closed to ensure pedestrian safety and to facilitate the movement of foot traffic leaving the area after the fireworks display.